Thursday, August 13, 2009

Catching up: one hospital stay to another

Thought that I better add these photos so I don't forget how small my little biscuit once was.  We really don't have any of the typical sweet "first moments in the world" pictures since the little stinker was causing us problems.  This one was taken in the step down NICU, I think she was 3 days old.

Gotta love the "first kiss".  It was the first of a thousand that she continues to give her every day.  I have to remind myself a lot to enjoy where we are and not wish that Charlotte was older so that she and Caroline could play together.  I don't want this time to be a blur when I look back on it, but selfishly I really can't wait to be able to get down on the floor and play with the both of them.  I've been so blessed by the relationship that I have with my sister that I can only imagine how precious it will be to see them love on (and smack down) each other!

Caroline was a little scared to go into the NICU...I don't blame her. So, Daddy agreed to wear the mask with her.  She had all of the nurses entertained after a few minutes of entering the doors.  We are so blessed by her personality.  She can really light up a room (and our world!)

I forgot to take a picture of my belly from the side right before I had Caroline.  So, we took this.  Just want to remember what it was like...
Can you tell these are fake smiles? They had just told us that she needed to be taken away due to her lungs and we still had not heard her cry.  The doctor tried to keep us calm by joking that it just mean that she was going to be an easy going baby that didn't cry much.  Fortunately, her joke was right.  Gas and hunger are about the only things that get this punkin' blaring these days. 


Anyhoo...After battling Caroline for over 2 hours to nap earlier this week, I walked back into the living room and saw Bailey like this.  What a great life  :) Why can't he keep up with my blog, my laundry, etc.  He obviously doesn't have anything else to do!!

Nope, that isn't the latest fashion in baby headwear.  That is the IV that they finally put into our baby girl's head after trying to place it in both hands and one arm.  I'm so thankful that she won't remember the experience, because it is one I hope I forget.  Praise God she is healthy and fever free now.  Goodness, this girl likes to give us some scares.

If you didn't know...Charlotte hit a fever of 101.4 last week and because she is under 8 weeks old, she had to be admitted to the hospital for a total work up.  For the new mommies who might read this, that means lots of tests and a Spinal Tap!  The doctors said that 19 out of 20 times the fever is really nothing (common cold, little virus) but, that 1 out of 20 times it is a life threatening infection that has been hiding in their little body somewhere since birth.  So, if your babies get a fever this young take them on in to the ER.  I'd much rather have to deal with my memories of Charlotte's temporary pain than what those life threatening diseases might be if she had been the 1 in 20.

Well, I really wanted to add another picture here...but, can't figure out how to add pics as I go along.  If someone knows how to add a pic after you've typed, please let me know...



No comments:

Post a Comment